How Should You Care for a Faux Fur Coat
Faux fur coats have become very popular, thanks to their affordability and classy appearance. They provide the luxurious feel of the real ones and will keep you warm and stylish.
One of the things you want your new faux fur to be is durable.
Don't discount faux fur as not being worth the expense, just because they aren't real. They can provide just as much warmth as real ones at a fraction of the cost. But just because they are not real fur, doesn't mean that they don't require care and maintenance to keep them in good condition. One of the first things you should do is to be sure to store it where it will be kept dry.
Here are some tips that will help you keep it looking great:
How to Store a Faux Fur Coat
- We recommend to store the Faux Fur Coaton hangers in a hanging position
- Storage case is not required (you can use as you wish, but make sure that it is not tight or heavy and does not press the pile)
- Keep away from heating appliances and other sources of high temperatures
- If there are creases after improper storage or transportation on the Faux Fur, they can be straightened out. Can be used humidification, combing, blowing warm air from a hair dryer.
How to Wear a Faux Fur Coat
- The fur coat will retain its original appearance longer, if you do not carry a bag on your shoulder or hand; try to avoid other intense mechanical effects on the pile.
- It is recommended to regularly gently comb the fur in the direction of the pile. It's very important to comb it properly. Never brush against the natural grain of the fur. Pay special attention to the most rubbing parts of the coat during daily wear, for example, the bottom of the sleeves
- To facilitate combing, you can moisten the Faux Fur or comb, then allow to dry at room temperature
- Faux Fur is good with wet snow, rain or wet cleaning. In case of water ingress, it is recommended to dry Faux Fur at room temperature.
How to Clean a Faux Fur Coat
- Local dirt can be removed with a solution of mild detergent (we recommend gels marked "for delicate fabrics") - 1-3 teaspoons per 1 liter of water at a temperature up to 40°.
- Many types of Faux Fur can be washed manually or in a washing machine, (delicate, no spin)
- If the coat is heavily soiled, it should be dry-cleaned
- Do not iron Faux Fur, do not use the steamer, do not expose it to high temperatures in order to avoid shrinkage or damage to the fibers. Too hot car seat heating can give an undesirable shape or lead to shrinkage of the pile.